Buitoni case: “He has to stop scrolling” … Arrested, Olivier Véran responds to the father of a victim of the Fraich’Up pizza

It is a strong testimony that broadcast, this Thursday morning, RMC Info. That of Nathan’s father, 8, who died after eating a Fraich’Up pizza from Buitoni contaminated with E.Coli bacteria.

Behind the consumer recall of Fraich’Up pizzas, contaminated with E.Coli bacteria, there is of course the tragedy of those who have lost a child. They are two in France to have died after eating this frozen pizza.

This is the case of Nathan, 8, whose father gave a moving testimony this Thursday morning on RMC Info. The child died on the night of February 17 to 18, two weeks after eating a contaminated Fraich’Up pizza from the Nestlé group brand.

“I will never forget that February 17, when the hospital called me urgently. I found my son Nathan in his bed with someone standing there massaging him. He was in his second cardiac arrest from the evening. This is the last image I have of my son”, said Yohan, Nathan’s dad on RMC this Thursday.

If, at first, the victim’s father had “a feeling of guilt because I fed my son, I gave him this pizza and I felt like I was murdering my son”, today, he challenges the public authorities and the Minister of Health, Olivier Véran in the first place. “Today we are in the country where children are dying because industrialists do not respect the rules and we do nothing”.

ud83dudd34 RMC TESTIMONY – Yohan lost his son Nathan (8 years old) a fortnight after serving him a Buitoni pizza. He testifies to his distress and challenges the Minister in charge of Health Olivier Véran. #ApollineMatin pic.twitter.com/1oDr4fxmzn

— RMC (@RMCInfo) May 12, 2022

“We all have the right to food security in our country”

“Mr. Véran does nothing. We are all waiting for him to speak up and stop slipping away, for sanctions to be taken against manufacturers who do not respect the rules. We must take a stand so that there are strong actions and that all this does not happen again”, calls Yohan.

Guest of BFMTV and RMC in the process, Olivier Véran returned to this testimony. If he indicated that the health authorities had seized “justice after the revelations by RMC of the Buitoni scandal”, he also said he was “devastated” by Yohan’s testimony. “I am outraged by what I saw. As soon as we had an alert, we launched an investigation, the production lines were suspended in the Caudry factory, justice was seized and justice will now have to investigate,” he added.

“It’s an absolutely terrible human tragedy, which should never happen. We have the right to food security in our country, a basic right”, “he continued, assuring that he had not “had the right to contact the families”. “But if they wish to contact me directly, please don’t hesitate”.

This Wednesday, Public Health France indicated, in a new report, that 56 cases of food poisoning had been recorded. Almost all of the victims are children between the ages of 1 and 17. Two children died after eating this contaminated pizza.

Leave a Comment